When asparagus is in season, this salad is a MUST. The bitter of the arugula goes so spectacularly with asparagus and the lemon makes every ingredient in here pop. Shrimp is a super easy protein to prepare, is amazing with avocado and has a lot of bang for its buck. Vegan friends can use a can of rinsed garbanzo beans and it’s an amazing, hearty salad for all!
- 1 clamshell of baby arugula (5 oz)
- 12-16oz shrimp, defrosted, peeled, deveined and dropped into a pot of boiling water for 3 minutes
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and steamed for 5 mins
- 1 avocado
- 24 cherry tomatoes (approx.)
- Sea salt & fresh cracked pepper
- Lemon vinaigrette (or buy your favorite!)
- Prepare your lemon vinaigrette (or get out your purchased bottle!)
- Prepare your shrimp (see above) by dropping into a pot of boiling water for 3 minutes
- Prepare your asparagus (see above) by steaming for 5 minutes or boil until just tender if you don’t have a steamer basket. Cut asparagus into 2-inch sections
- Large dice your avocado and split your cherry tomatoes in half from the crown down
- Place arugula in a large salad bowl and toss with just enough dressing to coat.
- Add shrimp, asaparagus and cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt and a few cracks of pepper. Toss and add more dressing to your liking.
- Last, add the avocados on top and a little pinch more of sea salt and pepper.
- Serve into bowls and make sure everone gets some avo!