By Gina Caputo
These One Ball Wonders are a fan favorite! I initially posted this recipe in one of my weekly emails and have since received so many requests for the recipe, I had to add it to the website too. These seem to hit just right for nearly everybody! Their genesis was my desire to have a healthy mid-afternoon snack that was also well balanced in carbs/protein/fat. I've been known to have one for dessert. If you love pumpkin pie, these balls can give you some of that year-round holiday delight.
- 1.5 cups oat flour
- 2 scoops unflavored or vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt + Maldon salt for topping (optional)
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice (I make my own out of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and vanilla)
- 1/3 cup nut butter
- 1/4-1/3 cup pumpkin puree (start with 1/4, add more if it seems too dry to stick together)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, honey or date syrup
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3-1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine flour, protein powder, sea salt and pumpkin pie spice
- Add nut butter, pumpkin puree, honey/syrup, oil and vanilla, stir to combine thoroughly
- Add mini chips and combine once more
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and use your hands or a small ice cream scoop to form the balls
- Sprinkle Maldon salt crystals on top (optional)
- Pop in the refrigerator for an hour before eating and can be stored in a container in the refrigerator too!
- You can also get creative and add chopped nuts or seeds too! Salted pepitas (then I omit the Maldon finishing salt) are a big win!