Beets are super nutritious and add an earthy bite to any dish, as if to remind you to stay grounded in the Fall. I don't just eat for taste, I eat for the energy!
Beets are high in vitamins and minerals, are thought to support athletic performance, are high in fiber and may support brain health! I try to think of all the Ayurvedic flavors when I make a One Bowl Wonder and this one delivers!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 package beets, diced (I like LOVE Beets)
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed thoroughly
- 3 cups of baby super greens, arugula, baby spinach
- 1 honeycrisp apple, diced
- 8 dried, pitted dates, chopped
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Feta cheese or homemade vegan feta cheese
- Chopped walnuts
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Prepare the quinoa in a rice cooker or according to package instructions
- Dice the beets (if you’re making your own, either boil or steam them and be sure to peel them before dicing)
- Rinse garbanzo beans under warm water
- Dice your Honeycrisp apple (or whichever apple you love best)
- Prepare your balsamic vinaigrette or have your favorite one handy
- Dice your feta cheese or homemade vegan feta
- Chop your walnuts and dates
- Combine quinoa, beets, beans, greens and apple in a large salad bowl.
- Toss with dressing to your liking
- Top with feta or homemade vegan feta cheese
- Top with chopped walnuts and chopped dates