One of my favorite, healthier treats that packs an extra protein punch! Spread this chocolate chip cookie dough hummus on toast, rice cakes, bananas or eat it straight up with a spoon!
- 1 can organic garbanzo beans/chickpeas, thoroughly drained and rinsed
- 1 scoop unflavored protein powder
- ½ cup peanut, almond or cashew butter
- 3-5 Tbsp honey, maple or date syrup (start with 3 Tbsp and add if you want more sweetness)
- 2 Tbsp(ish) nut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips or mini chips, you can use sugar free chips too, like those from Choc Zero
- Place chickpeas, nut milk and vanilla in blender and whizz until smooth.
- Add protein powder and whizz again.
- Add nut butter and honey and whizz again, scraping the sides as needed.
- If too thick to blend, add another dash of almond milk.
- Add chocolate chips and one last whizz.
- Transfer to little single serving bowls with lids for on the go or take scoops from one big bowl if you prefer.