Carrot Cake Protein Waffles
By Gina Caputo
My regular protein waffles have been a staple for months. A recipe for Carrot Cake Pancakes inspired me to create a carrot cake spin on my beloved waffles and I finally got it!! The carrot cake flavor is there while staying high in protein, high in vitamins and low in sugar! Helps you meet your macros and taste delicious, what more could you want?
Makes 3 waffles (1 serving)
- 1 carrot, peeled, ground up in a food processor
- ½ cup rolled oats ground up in a food processor
- 3 eggs (Or sub 2 egg whites +1 whole egg for less fat)
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- 1 tsp lemon or pineapple juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 to 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- Non-stick cooking spray (I use coconut oil)
- Optional: Chopped dates, raisins, chopped walnuts, greek yogurt or sour cream blended with a little maple syrup
- Pre-heat a waffle iron
- Whiz your carrot and rolled oats in the food processor
- Add eggs, cottage cheese, juice, vanilla, spices, syrup and sea salt and whizz again.
- Spray both sides of the waffle iron with non-stick spray
- Pour 1/3rd of the mixture into the waffle iron. If you’re adding dates, raisins or walnuts, sprinkle them on and close the lid.
- When done, remove and repeat 2 more times for 3 waffles.
- If they seem too floppy, cook them longer and/or raise the setting on your waffle iron. Experiment to find the perfect balance between crispy outer and soft inner on your waffle iron.
- Eat them like waffles with syrup, top them with the cream cheese or sour cream, eat them as-is, use them as “bread” for a sandwich! The ingredients make these waffles go from savory to sweet with ease!
Transparency: I like to share products I actually use and love. And sometimes I will get a small commission if you click these links to buy one too.