Mmm Mmm Monday. This is one of my simplest summer go-tos. A perfect One Bowl Wonder for the hottest summer days. Sweet watermelon combines beautifully with salty feta, bitter arugula and spicy grilled chicken or extra-firm tofu with a tangy lemon vinaigrette. Major crowd pleaser right here.
- 6 chicken thighs or sliced portions of extra firm tofu
- ½ a cubed, seedless mini watermelon
- ½ a block of feta in brine, cubed (about 4 oz.)
- 1 clamshell of baby arugula
- Lemon vinaigrette
- Annie’s Chili Lime salad dressing (or similar)
- Sea salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Place the chicken or tofu slices in a large container with a lid or that can be sealed, ideally all pieces lay flat.
- Pour bottle Annie’s Chili Lime salad dressing so all pieces are covered.
- Let marinate for at least 30 minutes up to overnight, if using chicken, discard the remaining dressing, with tofu, marinade could be re-used.
- Cube the watermelon.
- Cube the feta cheese.
- Grill the chicken or tofu to appropriate doneness, remove from grill and let sit for 5 minutes then chop into strips
- Place the arugula in a large salad bowl..
- Add 1-2 Tbsp dressing and toss the arugula.
- Add watermelon, feta, salt and pepper (remember that feta is salty so add salt gradually).
- Add any more vinaigrette to your liking.
- Serve in a large bowl and place sliced, grilled chicken or tofu on top!