I'm not a pumpkin spice fanatic. I don't go to Starbucks for the pumpkin spice drinks and don't buy pumpkin spice candles and all that. But for this entire year I've been obsessed with making overnight protein oats trying to find the most delicious ways to eat this super-convenient breakfast. So once the PS mania started this year, I thought I should give some Pumpkin Spice Overnight Protein Oats a try and this one is a WINNER!
- ¾ cup canned, unsweetened pumpkin
- 2 cups nut or oat milk
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 scoops of unflavored protein powder
- 1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (go for 2 if you LOVE PS)
- Big pinch of sea salt
- Toppings could be toasted pecans or a dollop of your favorite nut butter! For fruits you could always get fancy and add some apple chunks sautéed in a little butter! And there is absolutely nothing stopping you from topping with a little mountain of whipped cream!
- Whiz the first 4 ingredients in a blender.
- Place the next 5 ingredients into a large bowl for mixing. Stir to combine.
- Pour the pumpkin milk over the top and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Cover the container and place in the fridge overnight or put into Ball jar(s) and into the fridge overnight. You can eat this in as soon as 30-60 minutes but it’s so handy to make this in the evening for delicious breakfast in the morning!
- Top with your favorite toppings.