This bowl is squeaky clean so if you’ve been feeling polluted lately, this healthy bowl is an easy way out. You mix quinoa and steamed cauliflower as a foundation and then bring steamed sweet potatoes and kale to the party. Top if off with a cool and creamy miso-yogurt sauce and sprinkle with hemp seeds that bring protein, fiber and omega fats! Coming clean’s not so bad after all!
- ¾ cup quinoa in the rice cooker or stovetop per directions
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small head cauliflower, removed from stem and broken up
- 1 bunch lacinto kale, stripped of stem and rough chopped
- Hemp seeds (optional)
- 1 Tbsp white miso
- ½ lemon juice
- 2 cups plain yogurt (regular or coconut)
- Sea salt & pepper
- Prepare the quinoa either in your rice cooker or on the stovetop per package directions
- Meanwhile, place a steamer basket in a large pot, add water to the bottom of the steamer and add the sweet potatoes. Steam for 8 minutes.
- While this is steaming, whisk the miso and lemon juice together in a medium bowl. Add the 2 cups of yogurt and combine well. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Add the cauliflower to the sweet potato pot and steam for another 6 minutes.
- Finally, add the chopped kale and steam for 3 minutes. Then remove the lid and remove from heat.
You can serve like a Buddha Bowl in sections like the photo or mix it all together with a large spoon like a typical One Bowl Wonder. Top with the miso yogurt sauce, hemp seeds and adjust seasoning (s&p) to your taste!
Variations on this one that I like are to use brown rice instead of quinoa and cauliflower, add Puy lentils and swap steamed broccoli for the kale!