This bowl hits all the marks of being satisfying, healthy, easy, delicious and even gluten-free. Cauliflower rice is sautéed in coconut oil and combined with massaged kale for a strong veggie base. Add rotisserie chicken (or leave it off for a vegan version!) for a protein boost and then add the party of apples, cranberries and almonds. I added some cayenne-spiked date syrup to my usual balsamic dressing for this one but that may be hard to find. Consider adding a dash or two of cayenne powder to your dressing for a similar effect!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed or 2-3 cooked chicken breasts (roasted, sautéed, grilled, etc)
- 1 apple
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ chopped almonds
- Balsamic vinaigrette + add optional dash of cayenne pepper
- Sea salt
- Grate the head of cauliflower on a box grater or similar
- Remove the center rib of the kale and chop into bite sized pieces
- Chop the chicken into bite sized pieces
- Dice the apple
- Chop almonds
- Prepare your dressing and add cayenne pepper if desired
- Place the kale in a large salad bowl and toss or massage with two tablespoons of the balsamic dressing
- Sautee the grated cauliflower in a large skillet over medium heat, stir frequently for 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower to the kale, add the chicken chunks and toss. Add as much dressing as desired.
- Add the apples, cranberries and almonds and a pinch of sea salt.
- Toss well and serve!