This gorgeous bowl was the result of an experiment to see what would happen if I put coconut flakes and turmeric in my Zojirushi rice cooker along with the rice, coconut milk and a little water.
- 2 cups rinsed basmati rice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 14oz can coconut milk
- Water to 2 cup fill line of your rice cooker
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves pressed garlic
- 1 bunch chopped scallions (white and light green)
- 1 1/2 cups of shelled edamame (defrosted)
- 2-4 cups of baby mixed/super greens or spinach
- 1/3 cup toasted, chopped macadamia nuts
- Lime wedges
- Put everything up to (and including) the water in your rice cooker and set it for white/mixed rice. You could also do this in a pan, just make sure the total amount of liquid is enough for the directions of your rice.
- When you have 10 minutes to go, sauté garlic, white and light green part of chopped scallions in a pan with some coconut oil until soft. Add 1 1/2 cups of shelled edamame and 2-4 cups of super greens (depends on how green you want it!). With one minute to go, toast 1/3 cup macadamia nuts and then chop. Serve with lime wedges.