Another One Ball Wonder! Sometimes a bar is all we have time to grab and go. But I rarely enjoy eating them and always wish something was different. So I started making my own! I love having total control over the ingredients and this one is reminiscent of a healthy Reese's with all the peanut and chocolate with a punch of protein to keep the macronutrients in check!
- 1 1/4 cup defatted peanut flour or oat flour
- 2 scoops unflavored protein powder
- 3 Tbsp cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp powdered peanut butter (optional)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter (no sugar added)
- 3T maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup almond or oat milk (as needed)
- 2-3 Tbsp cacao nibs (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine flour, protein powder, cacao powder, powdered peanut butter if using, and sea salt.
- Add nut butter, syrup, oil and vanilla, stir to combine thoroughly. If your mixture is already moist enough to form into balls, move on to stop 4. If not, do step 3
- Add plant-based milk to moisten and bind the ingredients for forming into balls. Add more if mixture is still too dry and crumbly.
- Add cacao nibs if using and combine once more
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and use your hands or a small ice cream scoop to form the balls
- Pop in the refrigerator for an hour before eating and can be stored in a container in the refrigerator too!