I'm not sure if pasta with edamame, cauliflower and feta cheese were ever supposed to go together but I, for one, am really happy they decided to get together in a bowl and change my life! As usual, this One Bowl Wonder is easy, hits all the nutrient needs and has flavor for days. And its easy to veganize by leaving out the feta or making a batch of vegan feta!
- 1 lb orecchiete or any small or shell shaped pasta, regular or gluten-free
- 12 oz frozen edamame, shelled
- 1 small head cauliflower, steamed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz feta cheese, crumbled (or vegan substitute)
- 1 large handful of basil, cleaned and chiffonaded
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Lemon vinaigrette
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt it and add the pasta, cook according to the package instructions. Place the frozen edamame in the strainer then drain the pasta over the edamame and place both in a large salad bowl.
- Place a steamer basket in the pot, wash and break up the cauliflower and steam until soft. You can also do this at the same time you are cooking the pasta. When done, add to the pasta and edamame bowl.
- Drizzle lemon vinaigrette over the pasta, edamame and cauliflower to your liking and toss well.
- Half the cherry tomatoes vertically and sprinkle with sea salt. Add to the bowl.
- Chiffonade the basil and add to the bowl.
- Sprinkle crumbled feta all over.
- Toss once more, adjust dressing as desired.
- Serve in a bowl and crack pepper on top of each serving!