I am constantly making new versions of my overnight protein oats - some are forgettable (sorry PBJ overnight oats) and some are WINNERS. A spiced winner I've been loving these last chilly weeks are my Chai Overnight Oats! Much like my other recipes, you add the flavor, in this case, the chai tea concentrate, to the milk!
Makes about 4 servings.
- 2/3 cup chai tea concentrate (I use Bhakti Chai but you can use your favorite brand)
- 2 cups almond, coconut, cashew or oat milk
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup or honey OR I've been using 3 Tbsp. of date powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseeds/flaxseed meal
- 2 scoops of unflavored protein powder
- Big pinch of sea salt
- Toppings could be coconut, almonds, banana or chocolate chips!
- Whiz the first 5 ingredients in a blender until completely blended.
- Place the next 4 ingredients into a large bowl for mixing. Stir to combine.
- Pour the chai milk over the top and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Cover the container and place in the fridge overnight or put into Ball jar(s) and into the fridge overnight. You can eat this in as soon as 30-60 minutes but it’s so handy to make this in the evening for a gorgeous and delicious breakfast in the morning!
- Top with your favorite toppings.
Transparency: I like to share products I actually use and definitely love. And sometimes I will get a small commission if you click these links to buy one too.