When zucchini is in season, this is a go-to for one of the fastest dinners around. The combination of lemon and herbs with al dente zucchini and just done shrimp is perfect on a hot day when you want to keep the stove and oven time to a bare minimum. It's light but satisfies. And leaves room for dessert!
- 3-4 zucchini, spiralized (or chopped into matchsticks)
- 9-12 raw shrimp per person, peeled, deveined and defrosted
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh Italian parsley, basil or dill
- Have two saute pans at the ready.
- In each, place 1 Tbsp of olive oil and 1 minced clove of garlic. Turn heat to medium.
- Add the pinch of red pepper flakes to one pan, this will be the pan for the shrimp.
- When the garlic gets really fragrant, add the zucchini spirals to one pan and your shrimp to the one with the red pepper flakes.
- Add the lemon juice and zest to the zucchini along with a fat pinch or two of sea salt and pepper, toss well with tongs.
- Cook shrimp until pink, turning once and then remove from heat.
- The zucchini doesn’t require a lot of time, toss it continuously over medium heat until it just starts to soften but remains al dente. Remove from heat.
- Combine the zoodles and the shrimp and serve in large bowls with a garnish of chopped fresh herbs. Add salt and pepper (and maybe even MORE lemon) to taste!