By Gina Caputo
When I saw Baked By Melissa post this recipe, I knew I had to try it because SO many of my health coaching clients get the sweets craving at night and feel like a day's worth of staying on track with their goals goes down the drain. I often recommend a date or two to curb the sweet tooth, but this date "caramel" would also be amazing on a high-fiber apple. It's a keeper!
My notes are in parentheses!
- 15 pitted dates (I use pitted Medjool)
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk (use the solid part on top), plus more of the liquidy part as needed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla paste or extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Add the dates to a small bowl and cover with boiling water for 15 minutes to soften.
- Transfer the waterlogged dates to a blender with the coconut milk.
- Add the vanilla, salt and cinnamon
- Blend until smooth, and add more coconut milk if needed
- Pour into a jar or two small jars
- Cover and refrigerate, it will firm up when the coconut fat solidifies in the fridge
- Smear on anything you'd like or eat a bite with a spoon!