This astoundingly delicious bowl is full of superfoods and plant-based protein! It also has not one but TWO ingredients that make you extra excited when your bite includes one: Honeycrisp apples and dates! This is a most excellent dish to bring to a gathering (gluten-free and vegan!) and is also delicious any night of the week as a hearty side or a main. It's essentially Fall in a bowl and leaves you feeling both grounded AND supercharged!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup Puy lentils
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and large diced
- 1 apple (Honeycrisp is my favorite) large diced
- 3 cups super greens
- 1/3rd cup chopped pecans
- 5 chopped dates
- Balsamic vinaigrette with additions of 1 Tbsp maple syrup and 1 tsp hot sauce
- Sea salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Cook the quinoa in a rice cooker or on the stove per package instructions.
- Put 1 cup of lentils on the stove with 3 cups of water, 3 sprigs of rosemary and a pinch of sea salt. Bring to a low boil and cook until soft but not mushy, usually 20-30 minutes.
- Place the diced sweet potato in a steamer in a large pot with water and steam until cubes are soft by not mushy. Time depends on the size of your cubes but usually 7-10 minutes.
- Wash and large dice your honeycrisp apple, chop your pecans and dates.
- Prepare the vinaigrette per the recipe and add 1 Tbsp of maple syrup and 1 tsp of your favorite hot sauce before emulsifying in the magic bullet or similar.
- When the quinoa is ready, place it in a large bowl.
- Add the lentils (without any remaining liquid and remove rosemary sprigs).
- Toss these two together.
- Add the sweet potato, apple and super greens.
- Pour dressing over the top and toss everything together well.
- Add the pecans, dates, sea salt and fresh cracked pepper and toss lightly to combine.
- Adjust S&P as needed and serve in individual bowls.
- Smile between delicious bites. Be thankful!